January 12, 2010

Giving Away Puppets For a Good Cause...Please Enter!!!

Sometimes I think I spend too much time looking at what I don't have. It's easy to focus on the materialistic aspects of this life. I often find myself frustrated with my basement crammed with stuff. Certainly life would be better if my house had a garage to store all this stuff in! Hmmmm....my kitchen is so small. Oh the meals I could whip up if I had one of those fancy gourment kitchens with stainless steel appliances! What the truck is broken down again - if only I could afford a new vehicle! You see - it's easy, isn't it.

But if you take moment to look at what you do have, it's easy to be grateful for the blessings in your life and to help pay it forward to those in need. I have two beautiful girls. We have a roof over our head and food in the cupboards. Each night, we lovingly tuck our precious jewels into their nice warm beds. You must admit those few moments of gazing upon those sleeping faces are some of the most rewarding (and quiet) moments of parenthood. But those fleeting silent moments are usually preceded by splashing in the tub, brushing teeth, getting pajamas on, and reading a book. Those moments are not as quiet but still important.

However, when many families find themselves low on funds those are the things that have to go by the wayside. Many children don't have a warm set of pajamas or a book to read. In steps "Operation Sweet Dreams". They are working to help those kids get a new set of pajamas, new toothbrushes, and new books. Please take a moment to check them out and if you can help their cause - even better!

In an effort to promote Operation Sweet Dreams, I am sponsoring a giveaway. Win a finger puppet set (of your choice) from my shop. Visit their blog to enter!!

http://operationsweetdreams.blogspot.com/2010/01/awesome-giveaway-for-our-followers-fans.html

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful thing you are doing! I entered. Thanks for supporting a wonderful charity.

    ReplyDelete